Wednesday, July 9, 2014

I Just Had To Share

Into Womanhood, Latina, USA American, East Indies, Creole, Mandarin, West African and Muslim young women carrying the moon out of a blood red cave based created by the silhouettes of 2 women's torsos. I just got a new camera so I promise better quality pics coming soon.

Many of you have figured out that I love color/colour + diversity along with exploring ethnicity and culture. Well I just read this artist originally from India's interview that I really wanted to share.
http://enkoart.wordpress.com/2014/07/08/raman-gill/ 

I love the Thought Mia from Enko puts into her interviews. Many of my artist friends have been featured and it is so fun learning whole new sides of them. My mom even learned a new side of me after my interview. Here is part of an e-mail she sent me.

..."What a gift.  I am a bit stunned and I am sitting in the comfort of the deepness.  Your words are tumbling within my being. I feel like I have been at the table of one of my ancestors but you are my descendant!  

The memory that comes up was of my taking you to the ocean to collect clay for your art project.  And, I remember the thoughts of that day of feeling that our ancestors before us did what you were doing that day and you were carry-ing the lineage of our people.  I feel so peacefully subdued in the voice of our people. "...   

In case you did not catch my Enko interview my mom was referring to here is the link. 
http://enkoart.blogspot.com/2014/06/artist-lavaun-heaster-birthplace-bay.html

And for any of you artist who have not signed up yet go check out enkoart something amazing will happen as you learn about yourself through the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment